Stage is set for the nine-day annual Brahmotsavams of Lord Venkateswara commencing on 13 September. All the civil and electrical works will be completed by the end of August for the ensuing Twin brahmotsavams, said, TTD EO Sri Anil Kumar Singhal.
A two-hour long review meeting on Brahmotsvams 2018 preparatory works took place at Annamaiah Bhavan on Tuesday. District Collector Sri Pradyumna and Tirupati Urban SP Sri Abhishek Mohanty also participated in the high level meeting.
Later speaking to media persons, TTD EO said, the civil and electrical works taken up for brahmotsavams will be completed by August 31.
Excerpts from the press meet:
- Srivari Salakatla Brahmotsavams is slated to take place from September 13 to 21. Important days includes Dhwajarohanam on September 13, Garuda Seva on September 17, Swarnaratham on September 18, Rathotsavam on September 20, Chakrasnanam and Dhwajavarohanam on September 21.
- Honourable Chief Minister Sri N Chandrababu Naidu to present silk vastrams on behalf of State Government on September 13.
- Navarathri Brahmotsavams from October 10 to 18 with important days including Garuda Seva on October 14, Swarna Ratham on October 17 and Chakrasnanam on October 18.
- After consulting Agama Advisors, temple priests, Tirumala Jiyar Swami’s, the change in vahana seva timings will be implemented this year. Morning Vahana sevas will be observed between 9am and 11am, Evening Vahana sevas between 8pm and 10pm and Garuda Seva from 7pmand 12 midnight.
- Wide publicity on Brahmotsavams through SVBC, other channels, print media, pamphlets, posters etc.will be taken up.
- All privilege darshans will be cancelled during the festival days as in previous years.
- No Break darshan even to protocol VIPs on Garuda Seva days during two Brahmotsavams.
- Cultural troupes from across eight to ten states of the country are being anticipated during Brahmotsavams.
- Enhanced security arrangements in coordination between TTD vigilance and Police. Scouts and Guides, Srivari Sevakulu services to be utilized to man pilgrim crowd and food, water distribution and other services.
- Additional buses will be run by APSRTC.
- 12 Ambulances to be deployed during the mega event.
Tirumala JEO Sri KS Sreenivasa Raju, Tirupati JEO Sri P Bhaskar and other senior officers were also present.