The monthly “Dial Your EO” program was held at Annamaiah Bhavan in Tirumala on Friday, where in the pilgrims directly shared their views and suggestions with TTD Executive Officer, Sri Anil Kumar Singhal.
Over the suggestion of a pilgrim Chandrasekhar from Hyderabad who brought to the notice of EO to increase the lighting in Garbaalayam, the EO assured him they will definitely look in to his suggestion after consulting with experts.
Highlights of the interaction with media at the Annamayya Bhavan
- Successful conduction of Ratha Sapthami festival providing darshan to large number of devotes by providing annaprasadams, snacks, drinking water, butter milk etc., and thanked the TTD employees, Vigilance, Police and Srivari Se akulu for their service.
- Annual Brahmotsavams at Srinivasa Mangapuram from February 6 to 14 and annual brahmotsavams in Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple at Tirupati from February 6 to 15 with Maha Sivaratri on February 13.
- TTD issuing special tokens for aged, challenged, mothers with 5 years kids for darshan two days in a month. On Feb 13 and 20 for aged and challenged 4000 tokens and Feb 12 and 21 for parents with 5 year old kinds.
- 588 complaints received on the innovative FMS call center (launched from Nov 23) for accommodation and room allotments in Tirumala. Call center operated 24×7 on January 24 for Ratha sapthami.
- Online booking of Kalyana mandapam commenced from January 24 on an experimental basis for 39 Kalyana mandapams of Chittoor district.
- VQC inside corridor pillars removed to regulate crowd management and avoid stampedes.
- SSD system of queues for sarva darshan facilitating smooth darshans.
- 45 tones of foreign currency of which 18 tons belonged to Malaysia, which will be exchanged with banks in 15 days.
- Talking to RBI for exchange of 25 paisa coins in Hundi.
- Promoting social forestry with perfumed flower plants all along Alipiri footpath, TTD roads, junctions etc. by April end.
- 2600 rooms to be made available for devotees in Tirupati with more Rest houses.
- The TTD also inspected the model counters set up for the SSD time slot token issue and directed officials to prepare two models of such counters and make them more people friendly with sign boards and orderly queue lines.