‘Asta Bandhana Balalaya Maha Samprokshanam’, the unique religious ceremony of cleansing of the entire temple complex including the sanctum sanctorum that is practised once in 12 years, will be performed at Tirumala temple with Ankurarpanam on August 11.
During these days, according to the Agama Shastra, other than working hours for renovation, the pilgrims will be allowed for darshan, a maximum of 30,000 per day.
* Ankurarpanam for the religious fete will be observed between 9pm and 10pm on August 11
* The auspicious muhurat for Astabandhana Balalaya Maha Samprokshanam has been decided by the Agama Advisors in Tula Lagnam between 10:16am and 12 noon on August 16
* The religious function takes place in Old Kalyana Mandapam i.e.the present currency Parakamani area located in Vimana Prakaram
* The Chief Priest and Agama Advisor Sri Venugopala Deekshitulu will act as Pradhana Acharya (Kankanabhattar) of the entire religious event
* 44 Ritwiks and over 100 Veda Parayanamdarulu, Prabandha Pandits, Vedic students are going to take part in the religious function
* Mahashanti Tirumanjanam will be performed on August 15 to Mulavirat and Parivara Devatas.
* Mandalabhishekam will be observed for 48 days from August 17 to October 3